Tuesday 3 December 2013

House style

When Researching into music magazines, I have realised that the ones which are more popular and successful follow thier set colour scheme such as the 'Q' magazine has white, red and black. This helps the audience to memorise not only specific articles but also the whole magazine for its colour features. Even though it doesn't seem that obvious, I have come to a conclusion that the colour scheme is very important in order to attract the audience.
As seen below, I have set a colour scheme that is separate for the text and another colour scheme examples for the rest of the magazine features.
I have found that successful magazines stick to very basic colour schemes. Either with soft colours to bring out any text and images or one to two primary based colours mixed with some black and white to make it seem profesional but not too boring.
The colours that I have used below are only ideas for what I want to use. Some colours might not even be used at all. My colour scheme will contain no more than 4 colours and will definitely include white as the main colour to break any strong colours from being next to eachother and look distracting on the page.

Regarding the text fonts, I have also noticed that the most popular magazines use basic text fonts for all of their articles thats why all of my options are very simple, however, they make everything look more fancy and break down the dullness with bold and different title fonts. With the text fonts I will only choose one to keep the profesisonalism going in my magazine, however I may use more than one of the stated title fonts to make the pages look different and fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment